Saturday, 3 September 2011

Toile #2

So then I moved on toile #2 where I cut a size 4 instead and made the hip area a lot narrower so the bodice fits better. I also dropped the upper layer of the dress net (I used a softer net this time round but I actually preferred the net in toile #1 with a harder finish as it was more effective in creating the puffiness). 


I didn't bother with lengthening the train for this one as the focus was to get a better fit - I think this was achieved. 


Oh yes and I eliminated the tie/bow at the back. So my pleats are stitched in at the top edge and at the side seams. Appears to work fine this way although I'm not sure whether my silk dupion for the real dress would work well. 


So here's what I have:


P.S. bear with me with the fabric I used for the toiles... I had to mix and match at times (eg the train in altered toile #1) a couple of times...

2 comments:

  1. Wow, the dress looks amazing. I can't wait to see the final result!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I've still got a lot of work to do... Watch this space :)

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you - have your say here :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...