Friday, 10 July 2020

What a Pocket dress

The sew-jo is still in full swing, and I've got another project to share with you. Would you look at the size of that pocket?!
Ellie and Mac Be Independent Dress Leopard
Just posing to show off my pocket...
Ellie and Mac Be Independent Dress Leopard
This is another Ellie & Mac pattern, the Be Independent dress. You'd be forgiven to think that I had become some kind of brand ambassador for Ellie & Mac. It seems to be all I sew at the moment! The truth it, I'm hooked with their Wacky week promotion (a silver lining of the current situation), and the opportunity to pick up fantastic patterns for $1 is just too hard to resist. But no, I'm not affiliated, and actually don't do any affiliate links (at the moment anyway - perhaps one day I will give it more thought). 

Sunday, 7 June 2020

Toddler harems

Harems are a must for babies and toddlers. They are comfy, easy to slip on and off, and have the added benefit of being the easiest sewing project ever! 

I am by no means a fast sewer (in fact, the thought of speed sewing makes me break out in cold sweats), but I can knock these out in less than a hour. Side seams, cuffs, and waistband, and you are done!  
ellie and mac snowflakes jumper harem
So when Freya had her little growth spurt recently, naturally I decided to have a go at making some harems. Actually, I was really surprised by the realisation that I hadn't already made these for her! Having bought the Snowflake Jumper from Ellie and Mac for the grand total of $1 on their Wacky Wednesday offer a few weeks ago (see my discovery and love for WW here), I knew I had the perfect base. 

I made 2 pairs making slightly different modifications, and actually love how they both turned out! 

Thursday, 28 May 2020

Misusu Rowan Tee (a free pattern)

Who doesn't love a free pattern? I first discovered Misusu through Zoe's Free Pattern Friday feature, and the Rowan tee has been on my list for a while!

A slightly oversized boxy tee with short dolman sleeves, you say? Count me in! Given that we often find ready-to-wear clothes a little on the tight side, an oversized look was a welcome change. Something that doesn't cling to the body is also perfect for the little heat wave that we are having here in the UK.  
misusu rowan tee free
With very few pattern pieces (front, back, neckband, optional pocket and optional long sleeves), this is certainly a pattern to show off cute prints. And just how cute is this pineapple cotton jersey? The colours just scream summer, and has that effect of instantly putting a smile on my face. 

Tuesday, 28 April 2020

The Everywhere Dress (Ellie and Mac)

I'm not kidding when I told you that my sew-jo is back. I am on a roll! Freya was in need of more all-weather dresses, and I even tried out a new pattern designer this time. 

This is the Everywhere Dress by Ellie and Mac, and it is so so adorable! 
Ellie Mac Everywhere Dress
I only discovered Ellie and Mac (EAM) recently, and they are a PDF only designer. I must admit that I was first drawn in by their Wacky Wednesday offer, where selected patterns go on sale for the grand total of $1 every Wednesday! Yep, you read that right! They are practically free!! I took a gamble, and am so pleased that I did. The rest, as they say, is history. Nowadays, waiting for Wacky Wednesday has become a bit of a ritual, and I'm a proud owner of a few EAM patterns now! 

During the "lockdown" period, EAM is running Wacky Wednesday all week long! Check out the $1 patterns that are currently on, and the selection changes each Monday. 
Ellie Mac Everywhere Dress
The Everywhere Dress was a no-brainer when it came on sale one Wednesday. I loved everything about it: the colour blocking, the pockets, and even different sleeve length. The sizing also covers a whopping 12 months to 14 years (which will actually be too big for me, though there is a matching adult version available in any case). I see opportunities for more twinning :D

Friday, 24 April 2020

Peter Rabbit dress

Hey guys, I hope you and your loved ones are all keeping well during these turbulent times! 

The current situation is not great by any means, but one silver lining is that it's helped me get my sew-jo back! I hadn't sewed since Christmas, and making this dress really reminded me how much joy I get out of making outfits for Freya. 

She got distracted during her daily walk... 
poppy and jazz pansy dress peter rabbit
It's the Pansy Dress by Poppy and Jazz, and another project for Flamingo Fabrics, where this amazing Peter Rabbit fabric is from (it always sells out so quickly). You can read all about the ups and downs of this project here. Spoiler alert - it was not all plane sailing! 
poppy and jazz pansy dress peter rabbit
Look at her little face! It fills my heart with so much joy seeing her in a (slightly too big) mummy made outfit. 

Now that my sew-jo is back, be warned! I-sew-lation here I come! 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...