I was going to share progress at the end of the weekend/on Monday but I couldn't wait until then!
So I've managed to tick a few things off my to-do list and here's the result:
corselette (with waist stay unattached on the outside for the time being, also note that I had just had a big dinner when the photo was taken...)
Top edge of corselette stablised with strips of silk organza selvages on the outside. The reason for this is that the neckline was unstable due to the bias cut.
Skirt lining #1 with 2 layers of gathered dress net attached to corselette.
Then top layer of dress net was pinned to the corselette directly to check length.
Top layer of dress net now sewn onto the corselette with a straight stitch. The bottom of the dress is slightly off the ground when I'm wearing the wedding shoes! exactly what I wanted.
I am happy with the progress I've made as the understructure is now finished! even the seam allowances have been dealt with (zigzagged/catchstitched where appropriate). You can really see the silhouette of the dress now and I think it's going to be lovely! Obviously I do still have a lot to do but I don't think it'll do any harm taking a moment to enjoy the progress so far :)