Haha, I am back from the honeymoon! I hope y'all had a lovely Easter break! Ok, ok, I'll stop now.
I know that this is supposed to be a sewing blog, but I couldn't help but share a few highlights with you. This was our first trip to NYC, and also the US, and we had such a wonderful time.
My key highlights were:
- Getting upgraded to Upper Class on the way out - OK, we were denied boarding onto our plane, and had to wait at the airport for 7 hours. But enjoying the luxury of Upper Class on Virgin on the delayed trip, and receiving free return tickets for anywhere that Virgin flies to (other than Australia) to be used in the next 18 months is really not a bad deal!
- Going to see Gangstagrass at the Mercury lounge (yes, they were brilliant!), and sitting next to two ladies who were knitting through the supporting act in the dark with a pint each!
- Seeing Matilda (we couldn't get tickets for the London show!) on Broadway
- Eating at a number of great restaurants - Bouley, the Modern, Colicchio & Sons
- Empire State Building, despite the wind!
- Jogging in Central Park
- Visiting Tiffany's on 5th Ave (right next to our hotel!) and making a small purchase
- Catching up with one of my school friends who's out there over dinner
A few pics to share with you: